Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't People Pee In Kansas?

No pictures today - there is nothing to take a picture of between Texas and Scott City, Kansas except cows or cows or cows. This means that so far, Kansas has a distinct aroma. Checked into a little family owned park in Scott City. Grass/dirt sites that are far from level and pretty small. Not sure if I'm going to get out in the morning. Did not see one reststop or pullover between Texas and here which is about 275 miles. You're in big trouble if you need to pee while driving thru Kansas. Sure was glad to see a gas station and so were the dogs. Thank God for small towns with closed businesses, usually gas stations, that you can pull into. I paid $3.45 for gas in Ballinger, Texas. It was "only" $3.39 in Wellington, Texas and $3.56 in Sublett, Kansas. The other thing Kansas lacks is passing lanes but it does have its fair share of semis all of which want by me as I'm tooling along at 50 or 55mph. Again, had wind almost the entire trip. The weather has been great - sun all the way and so far, not too cold at night. Was thinking about staying two nights and resting up before heading out again but I think I will move on tomorrow. The owners here have a big dog that is tied up and he starts barking the minute we step outside which sets my dogs off. Am going to make it a short day tomorrow, tho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home