Sunday, April 20, 2008

On the Road - Headed North





Left Kerrville about 9:15 am. I think even the dogs are happy to get back on the road. Had a side wind all 374 miles of the trip. The only thing that changed was the side it was hitting me on. This is my first trip using my Garmin GPS. I love that it tells me which lane to stay in when going thru a town or when one freeway veers off from another. Also tells me what time I'll arrive at my destination . Still won't completely trust it in town but on the highway, its great. Drove US 83 the entire trip so far except for about 50 miles on I-10. You can see from the photo there isn't much to see. I would go miles and miles without seeing anyone else. Its a great road - don't know why more people don't use it. Stopped in Painted Rock, Texas to take a picture of their great courthouse and the closed business right across the street. The last photo is at the Wellington City Park. They have three full hookups and its free. I'm going to eat and go to bed. I drove about 7 hours and I'm pooped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home