Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Port Aranas, Texas





Well, we left Port Lavaca and went to Port Aransas. Port Lavaca is not a great beach town - lots of junky yards and houses. Good thing was we were close to the beach. Bad thing (besides the rain) was that the beach of all shells, no sand. The park we were in was kinda tacky.

Took my rig on the ferry. A first for me. Two years ago I would have said there was no way I would EVER drive my rig onto a ferry. Just goes to show; never say never.

Beth was working so Carole, Sparkle and I drove onto the beach. LOTS of Spring breakers so beach was crowded. Saw lots of Pelicans sitting around the docks. They apparently wait for the fishermen to throw scrap to them. Drove into town and saw a shrimp boat coming in so we got in line to buy fresh shrimp - $4.00 a pound. Sparkle and Carole cleaned and cooked it in butter and garlic. Yum! Nasty job tho, I DON'T CLEAN fish.

We went to the rec hall and played dime bingo then off to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cedar ... said...

Ferrys are fun,... here we have several that go across Lake Champlain. We don't think a think about it. I've taken my rig on one several times. But like i said, it's usual here. The shrimp talk has my mouth watering! Mmmmmm...

8:45 AM  
Blogger SunshinecruiserTN said...

Sounds like you all are eating well. Yummmmy!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home