Saturday, May 05, 2007

Working hard


Haven't been blogging much cause I have to drag my computer up to the office to get wifi. We're working on trying to get a signal booster put in. The wind has been blowing constantly since I got here. Its a good thing I don't get seasick cause the back end of my RV really rocks and rolls when its really windy. The work here consists of feeding, watering, walking and cleaning up after the dogs, cats, chickens, etc. They've done good things with little money (all donations) and reusing anything they can. All of the animals are well cared for and the staff here spends as much time petting and loving on them as cleaning up. I worked Friday in their thrift shop in TorC then did some laundry. The town of TorC isn't much to talk about and nothing really interesting to do. I do want to go to the Geronimo museum soon. The people, both the other volunteers and the permanent staff are really nice. They also have a pet cemetary here, Rainbow Bridge.

Several of us sat around outside after work one day and I got this photo of the sunset. The area we're in is basically flat desert with the Caballo Mountains surrounding us. We're about 10 miles outside of town so at night you can see the lights of TorC off in the distance. The weather has been great - high 80's during the day with a constant wind and in the mid 50's at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home