Tuesday, April 22, 2008

North Platte, Nebraska


Took quite a bit of maneuvering but finally managed to get out of the RV park in Scott City. Had to break off some branches on the big bushes on the driver's side (Note to self: Get trimmer to take with) and barely missed the telephone pole on the passenger side as the back end of my rig swung wide as I turned out of the site. Never did hook up to water or sewer since by the time I got far enough into the site to get the Saturn almost off the driveway, the hookups were by the car NOT the RV. Stopped to get gas out in the middle of nowhere (Rexford, KS) and paid $3.57 a gallon. Walked the dogs and forgot to go to the bathroom. BIG MISTAKE!! I thought Kansas was bare of reststops but Nebraska is even worse. Finally found a wide enough spot in the road to pull over and pee. Kind of pretty country - pretty brown except for the quilt-like patches where they irrigate. More cows. The dogs love the great smells - I keep closing the window. Nebraska is more undulating than Kansas - the roads go up and down and up and down these rolling hills. I would go miles without seeing another car or even semi. Am learning to LOVE my Garmin GPS. It shows me every turn in the road and tells me ahead of time where to turn and which way so no guessing which lane I need to be in going thru towns. Got to North Platte, Nebraska about 2:30 pm and into a really nice RV park. I have an end side with a nice grassy yard for the dogs. Think I'll settle in for a few days and make sure the weather is good before heading to Douglas. Will proably try to make it all the way to Douglas from here. Walked over to a nice restaurant and treated myself to a great prime rib. Now I know why they raise all these cows. Have fast internet and TV so I'm in heaven.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna McNicol said...

Always something new, isn't there! I think that's why I love boondocking in the desert....much less to worry about when it comes to choosing a parking spot. Hee-hee! Keep up the good work and watch for those rest areas...I never pass one up unless there is a sign telling me it will be less than 60 miles to the next one. LOL!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home