Friday, April 10, 2009

Pinos Altos, New Mexico








Was off work today and the weather was pretty nice with only light wind. Pinos Alto (Big Pines) is only about 6 miles from Silver City just as you start up into the Pinos Altos Mountains. Its an old mining town settled in the early 1800's. Its not a ghost town as people still live there. I toured the old museum, bought a zia (sun) wall plaque for the RV and had coffee in the ice cream parlor. Spent about an hour talking to a retired man who had lived his entire life in the area. Got my first hummingbird this morning. Its been so windy here that Freddy the Flamingo has been spending more time inside with me than outside being a windsock. I have, over the years, planted so many California poppy seeds only to have them not even come up and here was a bunch growing in the crack of a step. I then went through the old cemetery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home