Friday, May 22, 2009

Museum at Western New Mexico University


Wednesday I went to the Museum at Western New Mexico University. They have a big collection of Mimbres pottery. I actually got two pictures before they told me, "NO PHOTOS." Its a wonderful collections of pottery but unfortunately it was mostly collected in the 1940's by a pot hunter so there's no documentation of where they were found. A lot of them were broken by the pot hunters digging carelessly. To this day they don't know where a lot of them were actually collected.

The weather has cooled off quite a bit and its been cloudy and we've had several rain showers come through complete with a little thunder which Sassy HATES. Its supposed to stay rainy through the Memorial Day weekend. I have mixed feelings about that. It will probably keep a lot of the kids that will be here for the weekend, inside their campers. Yooray! But it will also track mud into the restrooms so more cleaning for me. After this weekend, it should be pretty quiet until the 4th of July. I'm still pretty pooped after cleaning especially on Mondays after a busy weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home