Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wolfsong Sanctuary







Beth and Jean got here yesterday and we went to the Wolfsong Sanctuary. A couple of ladies they met at City of Rocks park joined us. We met up with Dede at a parking lot and she drove us to the Sanctuary up some dirt roads and a creek bed. When you arrive you're met by several of her rescue dogs. She has several fenced areas which separate the different packs. The majority of the wolves are hybrids - rescued from people who think thought they would make good pets - NOT!!!. They are quite tame so Dede can handle them if they need vet treatment. She can tell you the often sad story behind each wolf. She takes you inside one of the enclosures and you can interact with the wolves. Its really awesome to be able to actually pet a wolf. They equate people with treats so are quite friendly. She also has quite a few rescued dogs many of which are up for adoption, some birds and horses. She's pretty isolated out there and often can't get out at all in the winter when the creek is running. When I got home my dogs went crazy sniffing me and were obviously put out that I had been "unfaithful." At the end of the day we sat around my rig and finished off a bottle of mimosas and so early to bed.

Beth and Jean are leaving Tuesday morning and going to the cliff dwellings - I have to work. They're going to Walmart it tonight and I may join them for a glass of wine if they get there early enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cedar ... said...

What a great group of friends you have become,.. wish I was there!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home