Saturday, April 26, 2008

Very Loud Alarm Whistle


Okay, I'm sitting here rocking and rolling in the RV from the wind. Its a good thing I don't get seasick. Then this really loud alarm goes off. My weather radio has said nothing about tornadoes or anything but I call the office to be sure. After they stop laughing they tell me that was the noon whistle that goes off every Saturday at noon. I correct the time on my clock and my heart slows down. Wish the weather was better cause the one thing this park has is a paved 5' wide, trail that apparently goes on for miles. Would be wonderful to ride my bike. Its way too cold and windy to ride and besides the bike has a million bungee cords holding it to my ladder. Am attaching a photo of the Wacky West RV park I'm in. Pretty barren and muddy right now but the sites, or at least the one I'm in, are level. After a couple of days you don't really notice the smell from the cattle auction behind the park. They charge $24 plus $2.?? for electric and plus tax which means about $27 a night. Have never run across the added electric fee before and the rate seems kind of high BUT it sure beats driving in the bad weather. Sure wouldn't stay here in hot weather - bet the flies from the cattle are horrible let alone the smell in the heat. The weather is supposed to get warmer and less windy tomorrow so will head for Chadron, NE my last stop before Douglas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home