Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ahhh Heaven - Navajo Tacos


My next door neighbors are a Navajo couple (Gloria and Henry) from Farmington, New Mexico. They're up here working at one of the mines. I had mentioned to Gloria one day my love of Indian fry bread. For those of you unfortunate enough not to ever have tasted one, its kind of a thick, puffy fried tortilla. Absolutely no redeeming nutritional value but wonderful! I got off work last night and Gloria knocked on my door with a hot, homemade, Indian taco (home cooked beans, meat, lettace, tomatos, cheese on a warm fry bread). I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The sun is FINALLY out here and yesterday was in the 70's. The pool is open and warm so I may go swimming today after I get off work around noon. They do keep the pool warm - now if they could only turn off the wind that hits your wet body as you get out of that nice warm pool I'd be a happy camper. I will NOT be posting photos of me in a swim suit!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cedar ... said...

yes, that is good. I had fry bread at a Pow Wow in VT a few years ago. it was served with a raspberry jam, thin consistency to dip it in, oh, soooooo delicious!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home