Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Casper, Wyoming


Decided to drive into Casper today, about 45 miles away. Its really brown, rolling hills but there are some mountains off to the side that still had snow on them. We might get snow tomorrow altho its 70 degrees right now. I think I'm falling in love with my Golly Garmin. It took me right to the RV store and then to a shopping mall without me having to even look at a map. Gives me plenty of warning when I'm going to have to turn and which way so I don't have to wonder if I'm in the proper lane. Construction, however, does confuse it. Yesterday in Douglas it was directing me to what turned out to be a closed down bridge. I made a U-turn and it kept "recalculating" and trying to make me turn around and go back to the bridge. I finally got far enough away that it "recalculated" a different route. At least it gives me something to yell at - keeps me from getting bored.

I've put out my RVing Women flag and my welcome bear. Will probably move down a couple of sites when the people leave. Has a tree and more room so I can park my car in front instead of in the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home