Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wind, wind, wind!!!!!!!!


Left Valentine at 11am. Waited until I was absolutely sure the roads and bridges wouldn't be icy. Only had 138 mile drive but it seemed like it took forever even tho I arrived an hour earlier because I crossed into Mountain time. There was a constant wind with BIG gusts the entire drive. I kept having to slow down to keep from being blown either off the road or into the oncoming traffic lane. Maybe if I open both windows the wind will blow through and not hit the big solid wall of my RV. I'm more tired than after a much longer drive with no wind. Weather report says the wind is supposed to die down tomorrow - sure hope they're right.

The drive was a lot more hilly than I thought it would be. As you can see from the picture there was a several mile long section of the road that was red. Highway 20 is as lonesome as Hwy 83 - my kind of driving. Funny little towns with populations of 13, 68, 99, etc. There was one town of 117 people that had big storage units for rent. I guess no matter where we are, we have to have our stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home