Friday, May 02, 2008

Where the Hell is Spring?



Wind blowing all day yesterday and all last night. The rig was really rocking and rolling. Made it difficult to sleep - thought I was going to be thrown out of bed. My water line froze - my fault - should have disconnected it last night. Right now it and the filter are in the shower thawing out. Started to take Sassy out around 4am, thought I had the leash clipped on but when I opened the door, out she went followed by Buddy. Put on boots and grabbed the leashes. Slipped and landed on my butt in the snow Brrrrr! Caught Buddy and took him back to the rig to get flashlight so I could find Sassy. Had left the door open so Sassy was already inside. She does NOT like cold/wet weather. We all climbed into bed under the covers. Today was my first work day and it went pretty well. Not much business cause of the blowing snow. The computer is coming back to me, slowly. Worked from 7:30 to 10:30 am. They closed the office in the slower months till 1:30 pm. The snow is really powdery and is blowing and drifting as you can see by the drift right outside my door. Its funny - the dogs jump over rather than walk thru the drift. Understand its in the 80's back in Kerrville. Don't think I would change cause I know the humidity is probably getting higher and higher. Except for having to walk the dogs, this cold weather is kind of nice. You just snuggle down with the dogs and a book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cedar ... said...

Spring must be in Kerrville,... it's not with you and it's not with me! I guess spring AND summer came and went here in northern NY, nasty cold and rainy now. Glad your first day on job went well!

Cedar

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home