Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Enough already!

Another workamper and I drove to Walmart in Casper yesterday. On the way home I didn't activate my Golly Garmin and Janelle and I got to yakking and I missed the turnoff to the KOA. Ended up going about 7 miles out of our way. Talk about becoming dependent on technology!

Today the wind is blowing so hard the poor sparrows are having trouble flying. I'm beginning to understand why people get irritable in constant wind. I finally went outside and took down my windchimes - they were driving me crazy. A gentle tinkling is a whole lot different than a continuous, loud jangling. The wind is so strong my whole rig rocks.

I'm waiting for an email application to workamp at Kerrville Schreiner Park back home for September and October. Might even stay longer if I like it. I want to try a park rather than a commercial campground. I've been told that even tho they usually want more hours, the work is a lot easier. Found out this KOA stays open until 10pm some nights and I'm scheduled to work 4pm to 10pm a few times. The problem is that I'm usually in bed by 9pm. I can't imagine any RVers driving that late at night. I'd rather do the opening shift even tho they're going to start opening at 7am pretty soon. Never seen a campground that opens so early or stays open so late.

We're only a week and a half away from June and Spring still hasn't sprung here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home