Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Surprise Visit






Was working at the registration desk yesterday when this little lady walks up with her husband and says, "Hi, I'm Carold". Was one of the gals from the Women's RVing Forum. They had come for the night to visit with me. Great fun!!! Carol came over with her glass of wine after they got their rig settled into their site. We yakked and yakked. She checked out my rig and I walked over and checked out her's. I loved her colors of taupes and browns and especially their new vinyl flooring that looks like wood. She loved my big bedroom. They left this morning and the weather was sunny and only slightly windy so I decided to drive to Esterbrook. Fixed a sandwich and packed it and a beer in ice and took off. Got about 17 miles up the road and it was closed from the flooding. Turned around and decided to go to Ayres Natural Bridge. Beautiful spot you would never suspect. You drive down a rather narrow road into a little valley and there it is surrounded by huge red rocks and lots of trees. Its one of the few natural bridges in the world that have water actually flowing under it. It used to be a safe haven for whites from the Indians because the story says an Indian brave was killed by lightening there so they thought there was an evil spirit residing under the bridge. If the whites could make it to the bridge they were safe. As usual when there are red rocks involved I took way too many pictures. Ate my lunch there then drove back to the RV for my afternoon nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home