Monday, August 18, 2008

Home in Kerrville at Schreiner Park


Left Wellington Texas Saturday morning around 9:30a.m. Started out misty, turned drizzly, then rained, then poured the entire trip home. Was going to stay at a little RV Park/Antique Store/Hair Salon in Eden, Texas. I slowed down and looked before pulling in - way too muddy - was afraid I'd get stuck. So decided to continue to Menard, Texas. Got to Menard and decided to go on to Junction, TX. Got to Junction and decided I was only an hour from home so onward - in the rain. Got to Kerrville about 6:30 pm and the rain stopped but boy is it humid. Got to my site, hooked the electric and took the dogs for a walk and we all went to bed.

Thoughts from the trip: Texas goes on forever! Even only going halfway thru the state is bigger than some small countries. Saw some plowed fields that were really red. Saw a lot of Texas lawnmowers (goats). Why do birds along side the road ALWAYS take off across the road right in your path? Do they have a death wish? Why do people slow down when I pull halfway off the road and slow down so they can get around me? Do they want a written invitation to pass? Do they NOT have a working gas pedal? See fields of cotton plants that look like they have little puffy clouds growing on them.

Slept like a rock. Then started fixing up my site starting with leveling the RV. Felt like I was going to roll out of bed last night. Its beautiful here - big trees. Luckily got my satellite to work in spite of the trees. Couldn't do two and a half months with no TV. Took the dogs for a looooong walk. Ran a few errands, took a nap, and took the dog for another long walk in the early evening. This is such a pretty park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home