Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rubber Knees



Okay, this morning I put the bike on the car's bike rack and drove down to the little park by the river. They have a paved bike path that run for miles along side the river and its pretty level. I went for about a 2 mile ride - 1 miles out and 1 mile back to car. That' the most exercise I've gotten since I got to Douglas. Can't ride around the park as its not very level and there's lots of pea gravel. There were some kind white flowers blooming by the river and they really perfumed the air. Have to say by the time I got home the knees felt like rubber and I needed an ice cold tea and a nap.

It has been warm enough to go in the pool but every time I go there are a hundred screaming, splashing kids and the pool isn't all that big.

I'm beginning to look forward to leaving. I've seen the three tourist things they have here and I have to say the most exciting was when Patty and I got off onto that back country "road". I'm just waiting for the weather to hopefully cool down in Kerrville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home