Sunday, August 24, 2008

Made it Through First Week



Made it through my first week working three 8-hour days. Haven't worked 8 hours for years. At least here when you're not busy, you can sit down and even read. And I'm sure not missing someone trying to buy ice cream when you're trying to check in three rigs. I love my site here and have a large grassy area surrounded with trees. So much prettier than Douglas with its gravel. Everyone laughs at my flamingos but that' the purpose of putting them out - to give a giggle to others. Only negative is the humidity is still high so except for walking the dogs, I'm pretty much staying inside in the airconditioning.

I'm taking the dogs for long walks trying to slim them back to their pre-Wyoming days (that goes for me, too.) Buddy is in 7th heaven - TREES - and he's trying to pee on every one in the park. Sassy's nose is going to fall off from the constant sniffing of all the smell - deer, squirrels, raccoons, etc.

Have been restaurant deprived in Douglas so first thing I did was go to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. Now I'm back to watching my calories and walking, walking and walking. Just wish the weather would cool off - I'm so ready for winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home